Stay independent to 100 & beyond
Always able to take care of yourself. Living self-sufficient all the way to age 100!
Crossfit has an image of being about making muscle.
However, in America, Crossfit is enjoyed by a wide range of people, from kids to people in their 90s.
Crossfit Kyoto aims to contribute to healthy expectancy in the community.
As we get older, we start to face concerns.
“My knee hurts”
“My back hurts”
“I have aching joints”
The key is to build appropriate quadriceps (thigh) muscle strength as early as possible.
We recommend striving for this in your 30s or 40s.
People with greater muscular strength are less likely to suffer from osteoarthritis in the knee.
Crossfit features over a dozen different movements for strengthening the quadriceps.
Instead of simply performing movements, a coach works with you to ensure movements are conducted with the appropriate form. Not only does this promote efficiency, this helps you gain effective results in a short period of time with minimal movement.
Build muscle strength > Going outside becomes easier > Better emotional health > Increased interactions > Movement becomes more enjoyable. This is living in a positive cycle.
We recommend Crossfit Kyoto for the following types of people!
- People who don’t want to be bedridden in their elder years.
- People who want to enjoy life without worrying about muscle deterioration due to age.
- People who want to be self-sufficient and not reliant on others.
- People who don’t want to suffer from osteoarthritis in the knee.
- People who don’t want to be frail (physical, emotional weakness).
- People who want to interact with a diverse range of people, regardless of age.